News 16 May 2023 News from SKAO
Vacancy: Communication Manager CO2 Performance Ladder Europe
The Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement & Business (SKAO) is looking for a Communication Manager Europe.
The CO2 Performance Ladder is always evolving and SKAO is the heart of a large network of organizations that are actively and ambitiously working on CO2 reduction. As Communication Manager for the CO2 Performance Ladder Europe you will be simultaneously working within a small team and a large network of enthusiastic stakeholders to communicate the impact of 'the Ladder' - and the opportunities it offers - beyond the Netherlands.
As Communication Manager Europe you take charge of our international communications regarding the project CO2 Performance Ladder Europe. You develop the communication strategy for the project and coordinate the communication in the participating countries. Are you communicatively and organisationally strong, and do you enjoy the challenge of working within a dedicated team with many (inter)national stakeholders for the introduction of the CO2 Performance Ladder in Europe? Then we are looking for you!
Klimaatstichting HIER (HERE Climate Foundation)
For the duration of the project you are employed by the HERE Climate Foundation (HIER). HIER is a foundation that motivates people to do something about the climate problem. We do that by providing practical help, right where you always are: HERE. Whether you want to get started at home, generate your own energy with the neighborhood or reduce carbon emissions at work. HIER runs the secretariat for the Foundation for Climate Friendly Procurement & Business (SKAO). SKAO is the owner and manager of the CO2 Performance Ladder. The CO2 Performance Ladder is the largest sustainability instrument in the Netherlands. More than 1350 organisations have a certificate and more than 300 clients use 'the Ladder' in tenders.
The success of the CO2 Performance Ladder has also been noticed abroad. Therefore, SKAO has been working on the rollout of the CO2 Performance Ladder in Europe since 2021 and is now embarking on concrete implementation in a number of countries. Communication will play an important role to stimulate European companies and governments to participate in the project and to support these parties in implementing the CO2 Performance Ladder. To this end, we are looking for a Communication Manager Europe.
- You are largely responsible for the communication of this project.
- You write the international communication plan and supervise and execute (communication) projects.
- You maintain contact with our international partners regarding all communication aspects of the project.
- You contribute to the redesign of the SKAO website for an international audience.
- You keep our English website up to date.
- You produce content for social media and SKAO's website, such as real-life stories about the impact of the CO2 Performance Ladder for an international audience.
- You organise meetings and events.
- You have at least five years of relevant work experience, international work experience is an advantage.
- You have experience in carrying out (communication) projects independently, from A to Z.
- Your command of English in word and writing is excellent. Other languages are an advantage.
- Speaking Dutch is a big advantage, since we operate in a Dutch team.
- You have a fluent pen, are communicatively strong and can present yourself.
- You have an affinity with sustainability, the energy transition and corporate social responsibility.
- You are communicatively and strategically strong: you are good at thinking about strategic messages and can articulate complex issues well, both verbally and on paper.
- You are a professional and a team player. You are strong in making contact. Your motivation is the common interest. What do we want to achieve and how do we achieve it? You are good at managing expectations.
- You are organizationally strong: you are good at keeping an overview, are careful and pay attention to details.
- You are flexible. As colleagues in a small team you are there for each other.
- It gives you energy to think (in a changing organisation) about the best ways to work (together). You bring your experience and new insights.
- You can operate in a complex and large force field and have a feeling for strategy and (political) relations.
- You are creative, independent and pragmatic.
A nice organisation with a collegial, informal, but professional working atmosphere. HIER is an organisation of over 25 people, housed in downtown Utrecht in an old school building. HIER is not your average social organisation. We are positive, realistic, young and above all enthusiastic about the changes we want to achieve.
The employment contract is for the duration of one year with the possibility of extension. It is a position of at least 32 hours per week. The gross starting salary is, depending on your education and experience, between € 3.440,- and € 3.990,- for full-time employment (40 hours per week).
Are you looking for more information or would you like to respond?
For more information please contact SKAO via Maud Vastbinder (email@example.com, 0031 6 1474 4877). At www.co2performanceladder.com you can find more information about SKAO and the CO2 Performance Ladder and at www.hier.nu you can find more information about HIER.
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation until June 4th 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference Communication Manager CO2 Performance Ladder Europe.